With hundreds of vacuums on the market in 2018, the Dyson V7 Cordfree Stick Vacuum at Costco makes a pretty impressive case for being the only one you need.
When it comes to power and convenience in an all-around household vacuum, being sure that you’ve chosen the right one can be a real chore. About that…Dyson V7 was rated Highest in Customer Satisfaction among stick vacuums by J.D. Power and Associates in 2017, so you can rest assured it’s a quality product from a trusted source.
Don’t get burned by a mediocre cleaner that doesn’t suit your needs! Everybody knows how tedious shopping for vacuums can be. It doesn't have to be like this.
There’s an easier way…Do not buy a new vacuum until you’ve read this article!
- 1 Real Talk Alert
- 2 Features & Benefits – 6 Things You Need to Know
- 3 Pro’s & Con’s
- 4 Hmm…
- 5 FAQ
Real Talk Alert
These days, every available model of vacuum cleaner comes with its own bells and whistles. But frankly, the majority of these features are unnecessary and most of the available models are junk!
People don’t really care if a vacuum can harness the power of a tornado or if it comes with 2 feet of bonus hose. “You say it has patented internal TurboLoom technology that can weave Professor Snugglestuff’s hair into kitty yarn that I can use to knit sweaters. That’s neat, I guess.”
Some vacuums even have cool animal names, which is not at all silly, and totally affects whether or not the thing will suck hair off of your couch cushions, “The Weasel XTRM 9000 with patented Fur-Decimator attachment—Because there is nothing more badass than keeping a tidy, fur-free home”
With all of this extra noise, most manufacturers ignore one important question that every vacuum shopper asks:
Does it suck? Yes people, the Dyson V7 sucks. Hard.
- Weight: 5.3 Pounds
- MAX Suction Power: 100AW
- Bin Capacity: 0.14 Gallon
- Run Time: 30 Minutes
- Power Source: Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery
- Tools: Crevice, Combination, Flexi Crevice, Soft Dusting Brush, Motorized Mini Tool, Docking Station
Dyson keeps things simple in both name and design. What you get with this vacuum is a powerful, ridiculously convenient, quality machine without a bunch of marketing gobbledygook. From your uncles shag carpet to your grandma’s linoleum, the Dyson V7 is a powerful cordfree vacuum, designed for use on all types of floors. This thing will make your life easier, more on this below.
Features & Benefits – 6 Things You Need to Know
Did we mention this thing is cordfree? That means you can’t yank the socket out of the wall when you run out of slack—and you won’t trip over the unwieldy rat’s nest of extension cord you lugged in from the garage.
2.30 Minute Full Charge Run Time
With a fully charged runtime of 30 minutes, you can vacuum your entire home on the Dyson V7 can replace that clunky old cleaner you’ve been lugging around for years—the one you got as a wedding present—the one with ten feet of electrical tape wrapped around the cord—the one that weighs 30 pounds and spews out a cloud of dust every time you turn it on.
3.True HEPA Filter
All vacuums release air into your home as part of their normal operation—and pretty much all modern cleaners have an air filter—though not all vacuum cleaners have true HEPA filters. Seriously, some manufacturers are trying to pass off lavender scented dryer sheets as air filters. Not cool. The Dyson V7 has a True HEPA filter that removes dust, dander and allergens from the air—actually leaving the air in your house cleaner than it was before.
No more excuses for going so long between cleanings. With its wall mounted docking station (included), all you have to do is pick up the V7 and go—no cords to unwind, no bags to check.
5.Highly Convertible – Allows for easy cleaning almost anywhere in your home
The Costco Dyson V7 includes all of the tools you would expect with a modern vacuum—the assortment of attachments as well as the ease of converting the unit for different uses make cleaning all of the forgotten nooks and crannies of you home easier than ever—not as easy as just leaving your tired jalopy of a vacuum in the back of the closet and sweeping your cheese curls under the couch instead—but still, pretty easy. The Dyson V7 converts in multiple ways, allowing you to reach cobwebs on the ceiling or clean under furniture with ease—the V7 also has a handheld configuration.
6.Easy Care and Maintenance
The Dyson V7 requires relatively little upkeep. Dyson even made emptying the bin as easy as possible with their hands free dump feature—this allows you to empty the vacuum bin without having to touch the contents. Aside from emptying the bin regularly, you will also need to clean and maintain the filter. The HEPA filter should be cleaned every few weeks and replaced if damaged. Cleaning is quick, simply remove the filter, tap it into a trashcan gently to remove dust and buildup—then wash the filter with cold running water and allow to completely dry before replacing.
Pro’s & Con’s
Yes! Yes! YES!!
- Lightweight—at less than 5.5 pounds the Costco Dyson V7 is one of the lighter vacuums available, making it easy for just about anybody to use. In addition to the durable, lightweight construction, the V7 has several different convertible configurations, allowing you to accomplish difficult cleaning tasks with ease.
- Easy to Use/Store—with the included docking station, Dyson has made using and storing the V7 as painless as possible. Simply mount the docking station in a location of your choosing, and you’ll be able to use the vacuum whenever you need it—you’ll no longer have the chore of just getting out your vacuum cleaner. The idea here is that Dyson has removed the barriers that prevent most of us from vacuuming in the moment—at the moment that we notice Uncle Bill accidentally dumping out half a bag of Fuego Taki’s into your favorite recliner at your big sports game party.
- Easy care/maintenance—this is a big one for us, all vacuums require some level of maintenance to keep them in good working order. The Costco Dyson V7 makes this part as simple as possible. So, by making storage and access as well as cleaning and maintenance a breeze, Dyson has taken away your excuses for being lazy and not vacuuming.
- 30 Minute Runtime—with regular cleanings the V7’s 30 minute runtime should give you more than enough time to vacuum you entire home on charge. The V7 also includes a max power mode that provides more intense suction and will allow you tackle heavier jobs.
- On/off switch—the power switch on the Dyson V7 is a trigger handle type that must be held in place to operate. This could pose a challenge to users with limited dexterity, as you have to apply continuous pressure to the switch to operate the vacuum.
- Shortened Runtime in Max Power Mode—the only other gripe we have with this vacuum is the max power mode switch—it can be pretty easy to forget that you’ve switched over to max—the result is that you run out of juice way faster than you would in regular mode. This probably won’t be a serious issue for all users, but some might see this as a real problem.
How long can I run this vacuum before the battery dies?
During normal operation the vacuum should run continuously for 30 minutes. In max power mode, the runtime will be significantly shortened, around 6 minutes. With less than a full charge, run times will be shorter.
Is it heavy?
The Dyson V7 unit is pretty darn light. Weighing in at less than 5.5 pounds, just about anybody should be able to lift, move and operate this unit comfortably.
Will it vacuum pet hair?
The Costco Dyson V7+ Animal is specially designed to make cleaning up after your furry friends easier than ever. The V7 digital motor uses a two-tier system producing 15 radial cyclones, resulting in intense suction that can handle even the toughest (or furriest) jobs. With its soft brush attachment, extender and mini roller tool paired with its impressive sucking power (100AW—that’s airwatts—yeah, airwatts are a thing), the V7 will not only handle your dog’s dander, but it can actually make you resent your pets less.
How often do I need to replace the filter?
The filter is very easy to clean, and you shouldn’t have to replace it unless it becomes damaged. The process for cleaning is simple and there are instructional videos on at dyson.com
Does it have all of the features I expect in a vacuum?
The V7 can do all of the jobs associated with traditional household vacuums. It has a rolling brush head to clean floors as well as attachments for furniture and an extender for hard to reach places. It also converts into a handheld configuration, so it can essentially replace the old battle tank in your closet and that thrift store handheld job you’ve been convincing yourself actually works. The Dyson V7 will make your life easier.
- Quality - 10/1010/10
- Performance - 10/1010/10
- Price - 8/108/10
- Features - 9/109/10