Perhaps the Costco Vitamix 5300 blenders cult-like status annoys you and makes little sense to you and you can’t justify spending so much money on a blender. If you hate salads which you know you should eat because they are good for you, you will appreciate Vitamix blenders’ bits of magic in the kitchen that enable you to drink your salads instead.
You are running home after a long day at work and there’s no time to prepare a meal, pick a combination fruits and vegetables from your grocery store and slam them into your Costco Vitamix 5300 and you have a complete meal in minutes. You soon discover that chard, spinach, kales and other greens mixed with apples, celery and ginger electrify your taste buds.
Juicing and blending are pricey; the good news is that you will triple your daily fruit and vegetable intake. Have fun and look cool drinking raw fruits and vegetables that have a higher mineral content with nutrients accessible to your body. If you buy smoothies and juices, you can make better and fresher ones using the same Costco Vitamix 5300.
- Costco Vitamix 5300 is a high performing kitchen tool that will help you create juices, smoothies, batters, and nut butter thanks to its high-performing motor that rotates stainless steel aircraft-grade blades through the toughest ingredients to deliver the smoothest blends.
- The variable speed function enables you to achieve different textures while the pulse feature allows you to add coarse chop to your juices for chunky salsa and similar heartier recipes. Costco Vitamix 5300’s 64-oz pitcher is the right size for everything you want to blend. Its 17-point inspection ensures you have a blender for years to come that has : -
- Adjustable speed control with pulse feature
- Stainless steel cutting blades and hammer mill
- Radiating cooling fan with a thermal protection system
- Easy to clean detachable parts
- Available in red and black
Features and benefits
The Costco Vitamix 5300 blender is loaded with a fascinating set of features.
Don’t be perturbed by the seemingly small design; the 2.2 horsepower blender’s low profile container accommodates 64 ounces of liquids and because of its compact size it fits under most kitchen cabinets.
The Costco Vitamix 5300’s powerful 2.2 HP motor will enable you to process the hardest ingredients. Whether you are crushing up ice, bones for gravy or hard vegetables, this blender gives you fine mix. If you think the 2.2 Horsepower engine is noisy, you are in for a surprise! Even with all that power, the Vitamix 5300 is quieter than most blenders that have a 2.2HP motor.
Ease of use
The Costco Vitamix 5300 blender has a handy variable speed dial for selecting different levels of blending. You will adjust your blend to your liking for everything
Your blender comes with a worthwhile pulse feature for those who love different layers of blends. This allows you to create chunky salsas or smooth veggie soups in a matter of minutes.
The Vitamix 5300 Costco blender has 4-inch stainless steel blades that cut with laser-cut precision for the most accurate blending, chopping, and cutting. It’s these blades that make the 5300 give a stable mix.
Low Profile Container
This Vitamix blender has a 64-ounce large but low-profile container that enables you to create the largest batch of blended ingredients and still fit in your cabinets without a hassle.
The Strongest Points
The Costco Vitamix 5300 blender can do a wide variety of things including frozen desserts, juices, smoothies, vegetable milk, nut butter, food preparation, dressings, dough, soups, baby foods and dips. The 5300 can do all these because of its optimal power and improved cutting edge technology.
- Design: The Costco Vitamix 5300 is half classic and half futuristic. Its motor base’ housing is from the classic C-series while the container is from the Next Generation 64-oz series. The blending of two generations makes for a unique blender design.
- Reliable controls: The blender has reliable controls that are familiar to long-time Vitamix owners.
- Container: The 64-ounce container is large enough to cater for large family blending needs but petit enough to fit under your kitchen cabinet.
- Pricing: The price tag puts the Vitamix 5300 on the premium side of blenders.
- Recipe book: The accompanying recipe book, though it has some 65 recipes is not the best out there.
- Noise: Compared to the Next Generation Vitamix blenders whose motor bases are muffled and ventilated, the 5300 is a little noisier at 10dB’s louder than the Vitamix next generation blender.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m a juicer by nature, is the Vitamix 5300 good for me?
The Costco Vitamix 5300 is a powerful machine, but it’s a blender and not a juicer. While it creates the best smoothies, it can’t replace a juice extractor.
Can you use frozen fruits with this blender?
The 2.2 HP motor will crush frozen fruits. The strong motor makes that an easy task and with the tamper, you can create a thicker blend.
Why doesn’t the blender have a glass container?
Vitamix blenders had glass containers but in the 1990’s they changed to high-strength plastic and in 2007 they switched to BPA free Tritan Polymer. The reason manufacturers no longer use glass anymore is that glass can’t hold up to the impact of high-speed blenders.
Do you offer international shipping on this product?
International shipping for Costco Vitamix 5300 blender is available in selected countries. Inquire whether your destination is covered before making your order.
What do I do to ensure that the machine does not overheat?
Keep around 12 inches of the open space near the blender, and ensure that the machine does not work for long hours especially when blending thick ingredients.
Which maintenance service is essential for the machine?
Ensure that the drive sockets and the centering pads are in their best conditions from the maintenance guide; ensure that the blade assemblies are inspected according to the blender care and maintenance guidelines.
What will happen when the machine overheats?
It will shut down; the motor has thermal overload protection. It can sense the overheat, and it will automatically switch off the motor making the blender to shut down.
What will I do when the machine shuts down when using because of overheating?
Depending on how the unit has been heated, it can take like one hour for the machine to cool down.
The 5300 blender is the product to keep on your kitchen countertop. If you are still questioning the price tag and whether it’s a good buy, the answer is a resounding YES! The Costco Vitamix 5300 blender is a heavy duty appliance that will not disappoint your willingness to spend a little more for a long-lasting product.
This is the best kitchen appliance for chopping and dicing vegetables or blending and whipping to create desired recipes. The brilliant design is an upgrade from the Vitamix 5200 model which has been made more compact with a more powerful 2.2 HP motor without sacrificing its capacity.
Costco Vitamix 5300 is the leading Vitamix blender and with all the attendant features and benefits, it’s among the best-selling blenders even with a higher price compared to similar appliances.
- Price - 10/1010/10
- Performance - 9/109/10
- Quality - 8/108/10
- Features - 10/1010/10