The rising popularity of Instant Pot is something which is being noticed throughout the entire kitchen appliance industry.
In fact, we have our own Blade Scout review of this product in another article.
That is hardly surprising given the sheer range of tasks an Instant Pot can carry out.
This kind of flexibility in preparing dishes which are both fast and delicious means that we should be prepared with a wide range of options to suit the entire family and guests.
There are quite literally thousands of fabulous recipes to choose from. We have narrowed this choice down to a selection of ten of our favorites.
These are divided into a range of categories with something to suit everyone.
They require minimal complex ingredients, and as with all Instant Pot recipes, they can be completed with ease and efficiency, ideal for families or busy, working professionals.
Chicken Based Recipes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into one-two inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 3/4 cup of soy sauce
- 3/4 cup of water or chicken broth
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
First add the oil and chicken pieces. Sauté them for 2-3 minutes until they are golden brown. Ensure you stir constantly.
Add the remainder of the ingredients to your pot and stir thoroughly to ensure they are well mixed and coated in sauce.
With the lid closed, cook on high pressure for 10 minutes and allow a natural pressure release. At this point, add two tablespoons of coin starch which is pre-whisked with ¼ cup of water.
Cook on Sauté low heat setting without the lid for 2-3 minutes more before serving over rice.
Honey Garlic Chicken
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 1/2 lbs 4 chicken thighs
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water or chicken broth preferred
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
Combine all the ingredients for your sauce until it is well mixed and smooth. Season your chicken thighs with salt and pepper before setting your Instant Pot to Sauté mode. Sear the chicken and cook until it is golden brown. Cook the garlic for a short time before adding the remainder of your ingredients and covering the pot on a manual high setting for 10 minutes.
When complete, perform a quick release on your Instant Pot before adding some additional chopped parsley to garnish and serving immediately.
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs chicken thighs
- Ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parley
Begin by seasoning the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Combine the honey, mustard, soy sauce, and chicken broth together.
Add the olive oil and chicken to the pot when it is fully heated on Sauté mode and pan sear the chicken until its color is golden brown. Continue by adding the garlic and sauce mixture to the pot and cover on high pressure for 10 minutes.
When the time is up, use the quick release function and add the chopped parsley. Finish on Sauté mode again for 1-2 minutes before serving.
Beef Based Recipes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 2-4 tablespoons Gochujang/Red Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3-4 pound boneless beef roast cut into 1-inch cubes
Mix all ingredients together to form a smooth sauce before placing this over the cubed meat. Set your Instant Pot to meat mode and place all ingredients inside before sealing the pot. Allow for 40 minutes of cooking time with a manual pressure release.
Allow the Instant Pot to cool down and the dis to stand for several minutes prior to serving.
- 1-1.5 pounds flank steak , sliced across the grain
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or 2/3 cups I prefer the version with more sugar
- 10 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger , minced
- 1/2 cup lite soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup green onions , chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
Add on tablespoon of cornstarch to the sliced beef and coat evenly. Set your Instant Pot to Sauté and add the beef fro 2-3 minutes until it is brown. Continue be adding the remainder of the ingredients to the pot for 8-10 minutes on high pressure natural release.
After 10 minutes, release the pressure and add your mixed cornstarch to the pot. Return to sauté for 2-3 minutes allowing the sauce to mix and thicken with the other ingredients before serving.
- 2/3 cup beer or water
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 small white onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pounds beef roast cut into 2-inch chunks
- 3 bay leaves
First combine the beer, garlic, chipotles, onion, green chilies, lime juice, vinegar, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper and cloves in a blender or food processor. Blend this for around 30 seconds until it is smooth.
Next, sauté the beef for 2-3 minutes until it is brown on all sides. Add the bay leaves and the previously pureed sauce before sealing the lid and setting the Instant Pot to manual cooking for 60 minutes. When high pressure is reached, turn to venting to allow for quick release.
Remove the lid, discard the leaves, mix all of the ingredients thoroughly and serve.
Pork Based Recipes
Pork and Garlic Tenderloin
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
Combine garlic powder, parsley, seasoning salt, onion powder and black pepper. Add this to the tenderloin which should be placed inside you Instant Pot. Close and seal the lid.
Set the Instant Pot to manual and High Pressure for a time of 10 minutes. When done, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes.
Combine and whisk the water and cornstarch before adding it to the tenderloin. Set your Instant Pot to sauté for 2-3 minutes before serving.
Barbeque Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- One 4-pound boneless pork shoulder, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 6 pieces
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 12 hamburger potato buns
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, for serving
- 4 cups coleslaw, for serving
Combine paprika, mustard powder, cumin, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cover the pork with paprika on both sides before setting your Instant Pot to sauté and cooking until brown.
Add the remaining ingredients and set the device to manual high pressure for 60 minutes of cooking time. When this s complete, perform a quick release. After removing the pork, allow the juices to sauté on low heat for a further 10 minutes before adding to the completed dish.
- 2 tablespoons oil, 30 ml, use oil of choice
- 6-7 black whole peppercorns
- 4 green cardamoms
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water, 4 oz
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 large potato
- juice of half lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Blend onions, garlic, ginger, and cashews into a fine paste and set aside. Set your Instant Pot to sauté before adding oil, peppercorns, cardamoms, cloves and the bay leaf. Cook for a few seconds before adding the previously made paste and tomato puree. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Add spices, coconut milk, sugar, and half a cup of water. Mix well. Add potatoes before sealing the pot and cooking for 3 more minutes. Add in the remaining ingredients and cook on a low pressure for 3 further minutes. Perform a quick release and serve on rice or naan bread.
Mexican Bean Salad
- ½ cup dried white beans
- ½ cup dried black beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup chopped scallions / green onions
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro / coriander
- ½ long red chili, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon coriander seed powder
- 1 garlic clove, grated or minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Pre-soak the beans before adding them to your Instant Pot with 3 cups of water and a teaspoon of salt. Set the time to manual high pressure for 12 minutes and begin cooking.
Allow 15 minutes of natural pressure release after cooking. Then perform a quick release to remove the remaining pressure, combine the beans in a mixing dish with the other ingredients, mix and serve.